“The members of CenterOak are experts in acquisitions and supporting organic growth objectives through moving to adjacent product categories.”
–Mike Currie, CEO of SurfacePrep
Grand Rapids, MI
Private Equity Backed
Leading global distributor of loose abrasives, specialty ceramics and surface enhancement equipment. The company’s technical sales professionals support manufacturing customers through a network of over 30 distribution branches and more than 10 process development labs and production finishing centers.
Value Creation Opportunity
- Increased leadership position in a highly fragmented category by completing 15 acquisitions after partnering with CenterOak, including expansion outside the U.S.
- Significant expansion of a private label offering under the RockRidge Abrasives brand
- Invested in dedicated product and service managers to drive organic growth
- Created and launched the SurfacePrep name and digital presence to unify the company’s 15+ divisions from a branding perspective, while retaining local relationships and names where important
- Added CenterOak Operating Partner to the Board of Directors
Actively seeking distributors of industrial abrasives or specialty ceramics and providers of mass finishing services for aerospace or medical device manufacturers.